Wednesday, January 21, 2015

New Spartan 2015 Swag!

Hey Everyone! It is FINALLY HERE! The 2015 Spartan Race season is upon us!

The season kicked off this weekend with both a Beast (1/17) and a Sprint (1/18) in Southern California. While the West coast Spartans were tearing up the course, we eager East coast Spartans stared in envy at the photos and stories that emerged on the internet about what 2015 has to offer. Although I don't know anything about if the course changed, we have seen a much welcome and anticipated change to the swag we will get to sport at the end.

The Medal:
The Spartan logo, medal lanyard, and trifecta pieces are identical to last year except, obviously the date is changed to 2015. But the Medal itself has an awesome new outer ring that states the type of race (beast, super, sprint) and the year. It is also 3 inches in diameter rather than 2.5 inches from last year.

The Shirts:
The shirts have always (in my mind/opinion) been kind of annoying. I did 5 races in 2014, and each race, despite being different distances and locations were all boring identical grey on grey. I didn't mind as much for my sprint races, but I was annoyed when I didn't get anything different for conquering a beast or super. This year that has all changed with new trifecta colored shirts!

Now the shirts are labeled with the type of race and are colored differently on the front and back! It doesn't seem like much, but I am very excited about this. I love the trifecta idea and system and the colors are a fun way to show your accomplishment.

What do you guys think of the new swag? What's everyone's 2015 Spartan goals? How will you proudly show your accomplishments?


Photo credit to Marc Cooperstein, a fellow Spartan Street Team Member.

No comments:

Post a Comment